The Intake Coordinator (IC) is responsible for reviewing and assessing incoming referrals to ensure requirements are met before a patient record is created in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Create new patient record in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system by entering demographics, insurance, and prescription information from an incoming referral. Referrals are received via incoming facsimile images or a prescriber web portal.
- Provide confirmation of received referrals via phone or facsimile to prescriber.
- Edit a patient record by updating the demographics which are received via an incoming facsimile referral.
- Attach incoming facsimile images to a new or existing patient record.
- Generate letters and brochures for patients, prescribers, or partners.
- Document the outcome of all interactions associated with the patient record into the CRM system.
- Employee is responsible for adhering to the quality, production, and turnaround standards associated with the department and/or assigned program.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- One or more years of experience in a highly skilled and fast paced data entry environment.
- Call center experience in Specialty Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Commercial Insurance, or Patient Assistance Programs preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented, good analytical skills, advanced problem solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with others at all levels
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule during peak volumes including working overtime and Saturdays as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be flexible on schedule and hours
- Overtime may be required from time to time
- Must be willing to work weekends if required to meet company demands