The Telehealth Nurse Educator (TNE) is responsible for providing clinical product and diagnosis related information and services to physicians, nurses, health professionals, internal staff, client personnel, and patients. The TNE will participate in the patient onboarding process, and support patient adherence and safe and effective therapeutic outcomes. The TNE will also contribute to related processes – including prior authorization, appeals of a prior authorization denial (which may include peer to peer coordination), REMS, and patient assistance programs – which may require detailed clinical knowledge and insight.
- Provides support to patients and other stakeholders in a call center environment
- Provides initial product and diagnosis information to patients during the onboarding process. Sets expectations for therapeutic course, including any self-administration responsibilities and anticipated adverse drug reactions. Utilizes manufacturer-supplied Welcome Kits, when available.
- Conducts patient risk assessment for adherence and tolerance to prescribed treatment regimen, and stratifies patients according to their relative risk of adverse outcomes and/or potential product discontinuation.
- Identifies barriers to care and adherence, and designs and implements interventions to avoid or mitigate potential barriers. Communicates and coordinates with prescribing physicians and dispensing pharmacies to promote patient perseverance.
- Accepts inbound calls and makes outbound calls to enrolled patients
- Contributes clinical information and knowledge to other patient support processes – including prior authorization, appeals of a prior authorization denial (which may include peer to peer coordination), REMS, and patient assistance programs
- As requested, participate in conference calls and/or meetings with client pharmaceutical companies as a clinical subject matter expert
- Enters all patient clinical information accurately and timely into BioSolutia information systems, and assist management personnel in the summary and interpretation of collected clinical information
- Intakes and reports adverse events as directed
- Provides back up support to internal staff by performing reimbursement functions (insurance verification) or patient follow up activities such as scheduling orders, requesting new/updated prescriptions, etc.
- Must be able to work in a call center environment, and have flexibility for limited travel
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Must possess a current license (RN or LPN) issued by a state or states or jurisdiction(s) within the United States, and be unrestricted in any state.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- 5 years nursing experience required
- Experience performing SQ and/or IM injections in an institutional or home care environment required
- Telephonic educational experience a plus
- Detail oriented, good analytical skills, advanced problem solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with others at all levels
- Experience with data entry functionalities and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule during peak volumes including working overtime and Saturdays as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be flexible on schedule and hours
- Overtime may be required from time to time
- Must be willing to work weekends if required to meet company demands