The Customer Support Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for reviewing handling all inbound and/or outbound customer service inquiries via telephone that are relating to a patient’s account housed within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Handle incoming customer service inquiries from patients, prescribers, insurance companies, external partners, or internal partners. Research and resolve problems in a timely manner. Assist the callers by helping them understand the need for additional information to complete the benefits investigation process, or transfer of the case to the pharmacy partner.
- Initiate outbound telephone calls to patients to help explain the outcome of the benefit investigation conducted by the Insurance Verification Coordinator.
- Make outreach to prescriber via phone, facsimile, or mail to inform them in the event that the patient is not being responsive to telephone calls or mailed letters.
- Identify and escalate concerns received from patients, prescribers, partners, or insurance companies so that corrective action can be pursued accordingly.
- Create and/or edit a patient’s record in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system by entering demographics, insurance information, and prescription from incoming referrals (referrals are received via incoming phone calls or prescriber web portal). Provide confirmation of receipt of incoming referrals via phone or facsimile to prescriber.
- Generate letters and brochures for patients, prescribers, or partners.
- Document the outcome of all interactions associated with the patient record into the CRM system.
- Employee is responsible for adhering to the quality, production, and turnaround standards associated with the department and/or assigned program.
- Other duties as assigned
- One or more years of experience in a highly skilled and fast paced call center environment. Call center experience in Specialty Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Commercial Insurance, or Patient Assistance Programs preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred, but not required.
- Detail oriented, good analytical skills, advanced problem solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with others at all levels
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule during peak volumes including working overtime and Saturdays as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be flexible on schedule and hours
- Overtime may be required from time to time
- Must be willing to work weekends if required to meet company demands